Graham Road Elementary has the Foreign Language Program of Studies (FLES) program. In this program, Spanish is taught through themes and topics aligned to the core instructional program at each grade level. The themes and topics are designed to support and enhance instructional objectives in math, science, social studies, and language arts. Our Spanish teacher is Senora Liz Crandol.
The goals of the FCPS FLES program are
• To support academic content area instruction
• To develop increased cognitive skills
• To enhance reading development in both English and the target language
• To promote global awareness and cross-cultural understanding
• To develop increased functional proficiency in all aspects of the language with each year of study
• To meet district, state and national foreign language standards