Student Health and Safety
FCPS Guidance for School Health and Safety Practices
Student Health and Safety Guidance
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is providing the following guidance to staff regarding school health practices for students. The guidance is consistent with Governor Northam’s phased reopening plan for Virginia schools and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Schools should follow all CDC, Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), and the local health department guidance for reopening schools during all phases.
Visitors to FCPS Facilities:
- Visitors to all FCPS facilities will be limited and requests will be reviewed by the principal, or designee, on a case by case basis.
- When possible, appointments should be made in advance by contacting the front office at the school.
- All visitors will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire and must submit to a temperature check prior to entering the building.
- Any visitor responding “yes” to any of the health screening questions or demonstrating a temperature of 100.4° Fahrenheit or greater will not be permitted to enter the building.
- All visitors are required to wear face masks ( cloth or disposable) while on school property and inside FCPS facilities.
- Any student participating in distance learning that must visit the building for any reason will be required to complete the health screening process above and wear a face mask (cloth or disposable) while in the building.
FCPS Student Health and Safety Guidelines
Visitors to the school will only be able to gain access to the school through the main doors at the front of the school. There is a bell for visitors to ring on the right side of the door. One of the office staff will be able to view the visitor through a camera phone. After being “buzzed” into the school, the visitor will be directed to the office to sign in and obtain a visitor’s badge. Visitors are not allowed to go to a classroom, cafeteria, or the gym without acquiring a badge from the office. If you need to deliver an article to your child, please bring it to the office, and the office personnel will contact your child.