School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Graham Road Elementary School
Lauren Badini, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Reading
By Spring of 2020, we will reduce the rate of students reading below grade level by 10% in grades K-2 as measured by the Developmental Reading Assessment.
By Spring of 2020, we will reduce the unadjusted rate of students failing the reading SOL by 10% in grades 3-6.
- We will refine and strengthen reading workshop.
- Workshop components and concepts will be scaffolded and differentiated to meet the needs of students.
- Specialists for grades K-6 will plan for and teach vocabulary within their content areas.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Math
In Spring 2020, 80% of students in K-2 will make at least one year’s growth as measured by the Add-Vantage Math Recovery Structuring Numbers rubric.
In Spring 2020, 75% of students will pass the Math SOL in grades 3-6 (unadjusted).
K - 2 teachers and specialists will implement instruction to move students along the AVMR Structuring Continuum.
Teachers will continue to refine the math workshop and sense-making routines.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: English Learners
By Spring 2020, 70% of English Learners will grow by one level as measured by WIDA writing rubrics.
- We will build our capacity of providing scaffolds and supports for English Learners in core instruction.
- We will use the Funds of Knowledge to build asset-based thinking around students with English as a Second Language.
We will use the WIDA performance definitions to plan and monitor instruction for English Learners.
We will design opportunities for students to build their communication skills daily based on Portrait of a Graduate.